It has been one eventful weekend to say the least…after my little hiatus from bloggin (and letting billy chia get ahead of me in the world of top blogs for the week) I am officially back with this weeks What the Wednesday.
1. If you don’t know why I was gone for a little…it’s because we had our third son on Sunday. His name is Gavin Mitchell…and we are stoked. My wife, kelly came home today and things are almost back to normal..well with an extra mouth to feed.
2. A few posts back I did a quick review of the new book “jim and casper go to church” . I got an interesting comment from a woman named Helen which directed me to the blog for the book and the concept behind it. www.churchrater.com . On the front page it said “joel is unimpressed with the book” and i said to myself…”What the!?” sure enough it was a blurb from my review and a comment from Helen (one of the organizers of the site) . she had some back and forth banter with brent on my blog and I jumped in with my thoughts as well…then Matt Casper coauthor of the book had some thoughts to add. All in all a very interesting conversation…
Here is the thing…I still stand by my thoughts on the book…But you will notice I also said you should read it…so read it…there is some interesting insights and thoughts on how we as Christians should be..and some are worth working on…But i want to add…read the comments in the post on my site and on Churchrater almost as an addendum to your reading. Let me know what you think…and if the discussions helped shape your thoughts
3. what are the motives for blogging…Ck answers the question
4. Killer video of opening for Hillsongs 2007 conference.
5. Tam says “don’t put God in a box”
6. Mozilla Prism: being introduced with Firefox 3.0…very interesting stuff
7. In a pit with a lion discounted Case price . Buy this one guys..>Im currently going through this one with my worship team…it is fantastic
There is much more…but this is what Ive got for you this week